Thursday, May 06, 2010

error reading /root/.m2/repository/javax/jms/jms/1.1/jms-1.1.jar; error in opening zip file

So I'm working away minding my own business and suddenly code that has been compiling stops compiling without any changes to the configuration. Apparently Maven has decided it needs to download something different - or re-download something which has moved and suddenly generating errors.

Anyway the error:

error reading /root/.m2/repository/javax/jms/jms/1.1/jms-1.1.jar; error in opening zip file

Maven attempting to download missing files

I agree.

But anyway I figured out that log4J was the problem and removed it from my project since working on different logging mechanism. Why in the world has this been compiling for weeks and suddenly stops? Hmmm?

Additionally after I pulled out log4J I got a bunch of errors about java mail components missing. Apparently those classes must have been part of the log4j jar but I didn't look.

The implication being that my app was using the log4j mailer classes rather than the java mail jar I downloaded from Sun java web site in my web app.

I would look into this further but since I removed log4j from my app my work here is done.